What is NSRT Laser Therapy?
Watch this video for individual experiences with NSRT Laser Therapy.
As with any experience all results vary from person to person.
Hear what one of our
Bowling Green patients has to say about NSRT (Laser Therapy)
Neurological Stress Reduction Therapy (NSRT)
Neurological Stress Reduction Therapy (NSRT) utilizes a proprietary LASER to help eliminate physiological stresson the nervous system caused by contact with specific, generally harmless, substances such as food, environmental factors, cleaning supplies, etc. Patients who have NSRT report the reduction or elimination of symptoms associated with common ailments such as allergies & sinus conditions, asthma, neurological disorders such as ADD, ADHD, Autism and Asperger’s, skin disorders such as Eczema & Rosacea, digestive ailments, Celiacs, IBS, hormonal imbalances, menstrual and menopausal issues, migraines, chronic fatigue and more. NSRT is safe for all ages, fast, painless and requires no medications making it a novel and unique approach to holistic health.
NSRT Laser Therapy and the doctors within this office are NOT attempting to diagnose, treat, or cure any specific disease, condition, or ailment. The doctors within this office utilize NSRT Laser Therapy as a means to improve the body's ability to function and adapt to your every day environment and surroundings.
Very simply, NSRT is about providing care for the individual (who has a symptom or condition) rather than treating the condition or symptom impacting the individual.
NSRT is based on five core principles:
- Stress causes or exacerbates most health related conditions: "According to The American Medical Association (AMA), stress is the cause of 80 to 85 percent of all human illness and disease. Every week, 95 million Americans suffer some kind of stress-related symptom for which they take medication."
- A reduction in stress caused by environmental, chemical and food substances can alleviate many types of symptomatic expressions
- The brain creates associations between environmental substances we ingest, breath and touch and subsequently lead to a host of chronic and acute conditions. As an example, “Allergies are abnormal or inappropriate reactions of the nervous system that occur in response to otherwise harmless substances.” – Alternative Medicine Encyclopedia
- The Goal of NSRT is to break these associations using a combination of specific frequencies of sound and light. (The PTL II has over 130,000 specific substance frequencies)
- Patients will experience improved health on many levels through the integrated use of light therapy, nutrition, herbal remedies, enzymes and homeopathic medications
The school of thought behind NSRT is that if a reaction can be learned, it can also be unlearned. The body can be taught to respond in a more neutral manner using what Ivan Pavlov called positive conditioning or classical conditioning.
NSRT and the PTL II Low Level Light Laser play a crucial role in alleviating neurological stress. While the PTL II does not treat any specific condition, through its unique use of LASER (Light and Sound Energy Relaxation) Therapy, it has been found to be very effective at alleviating the triggers that lead to chronic conditions; thereby reducing stress on the nervous system and helping patients achieve greater general health and wellness all without the use of drugs, needles, pharmaceuticals or dietary restrictions.
How It Works - Low Level Light Therapy with the PTL II LASER
To best explain light therapy, we use “Sunlight” as an example. When you or anyone you know are exposed to sunlight, a series of metabolic and physiological changes occur through exposure and interpretation of the information contained in the sunlight. Sunlight (specifically the ultraviolet B waves) triggers your body to produce vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is one of the most essential nutrients needed for your body to function normally. Too much sunlight and your skins begins to redden or become burned indicating that you have received all the sunlight you need on that area of your body and anymore is damaging to your skin.
With the exception of getting red skin from too much sunlight, you aren’t aware these things are happening but they are a direct metabolic response that occurs when exposed to sunlight. The same phenomenon is true in the treatment of children with Jaundice. These children are placed under specific lights which trigger the liver to process bilirubin. These are two examples of the healing power of light.
As a part of NSRT:
- Light is introduced to the body on specific acupoints further integrating principles of acupuncture
- The light carries harmonic frequencies to the cells which communicate throughout the body to the brain
- This concept is known as “Photobiomodulation” which suggests all cells communicate by sending electrical signals — An example is touching a hot stove with your hand and feeling pain
- Light which carries information such as “Harmonic Frequencies” causes the release of endorphins, enkephalins and serotonin which calm the body and reduce stress
- A great example is the use of light therapy to decrease many forms of musculoskeletal pain and inflammation
- A reduction in stress allows the body to use fewer resources and maintain balance or homeostasis
The benefits of reducing stress on the nervous system however, and reducing or eliminating autonomic nervous system mediated responses, can have wide reaching positive effects on a number of symptoms and conditions that previously had limited therapeutic options.
The benefits of NSRT are further magnified due to the fact that our therapy requires no drugs, no needles, is painless, and completely safe for all ages.